HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where should I look for shed antlers?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I was lucky this year and found 2 Sheds so far,both were found on the back side of open field edges and between food plots.Last year I found a Shed out in an open CRP Field
where the Deer would come out from the Neighbors property in the late evenings and cross thru to our Pond and salt/mineral licks.I have also found a Shed along a Creek Bank where the Deer would jump and cross.

Main thing is to go where the Deer travel,cross fences and creeks,where they bed and look all around any food or water sources.I always take a different path each time when looking for sheds and I take a different path/trail coming back home!

I had trail camera pic's of 3 Bucks traving together on 3-10-2012,1st Buck was big bodied and had lost both antlers,2nd Buck was a Spike and had both sides still on,3rd and final Buck was a nice 8-Point Buck with a few points broken off but it was still holding on to both sides.....so it's been a strange year with all the warm mild winter we had and several Bucks still carrying their head gear?