HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally { -;
Thread: Finally { -;
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Well Matt was right..normally there are about 20 shore fishermen out there ..Today there was over 100...and somehow 4 big boats got out there..when the canal is nearly dried up leading to my honey hole..It's only 12 inches deep and about 4 feet wide..But none seemed to know what they were doing he said..I'm thankful for that..Most consider flipping to much work..The new moon is this Thursday..I plan to flip and pitch and see if there are any post spawners out there. ANymore big ones..I will not tell the tackle shop.{ -;

This place is real good Phil becaise for years it's been over grown with hydrilla..only giving up a 5 pounder here and there..NOw, there is very little places the fish can hide and spawn...

Certainly when the spawn is over the big ones will go deep and feed at night..they are not stupid.If you drive through this aea at night the water is very much alive...during the daytime it looks dead as a door nail..

Anyways..spawning places..they have back under willow branches..and I can't get them either..some are just too far back....dense cat tails...been able to fish this pretty good..and sandbars...very easy to get to.Most of us are catch and release..

I did jump on a few folks this last week though...Cast netting is totally illegal.Some Mexicans were cast netting..I shouted at them " Don't you guys know that is illegal?" They respond .."So" I said maybe I'll call the game warden..I have him on my phone..They said "What will he do?" I said arrest you ..and lo and behold..guess who pulled up 10 minutes later just driving around..a gamewarden..I didn't stick around to see the results..I was busy flipping a jig in the grass...It's funny , after our 2 eight pounders the entire place shut off..I think Thursday it should get hot again..I'm taking Tuesday off to go turkey hunting..I'd love to get one Phil..Congratss on your 2 birds last year...I wouldn't mind trading you some bass fishing for some turkey hunting.{ -;