HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadhead flight
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
JNTURK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by screamin
Its out of a program that I find to be very close with my bows and it shows your present set up not even close to borderline. Let me ask you this, when you have your bow dialed in to shoot fieldpoints and then you switch to broadheads, which way do you move the rest? Cutting 2" is still going to be to weak but it would be an improvement.
My BH hit at 20 about 2" to the right of my FP. As the distances get further the seperation increases.

So in your program what length of an arrow (say the Maxium Hunter dual spine weight forward 450's) should I be shooting?

Does your software show an optimum arrow cut to 'x' length that would be the best spinned for my setup?

Two questions (again I apprecite all your insight, I am just trying to learn from this):

1- Does 1" of draw really cause this much change in spine? My cousin shoots 29" and has his arrows cut to 29" (same as mine) and he has zero issues?

2- How come their charts and another software program (I had asked on this forum, I will try and dig up the advice I received a while back) show that I should be fine?

Last edited by JNTURK; 03-18-2012 at 02:49 PM.