HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BASS TOURNEY..another amendment
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I guess one has to adopt to his/her surroundings .

In Maryland growing up ( from 5 to 15) . I fished to get away from the house. I was raised in a very disfunctional home.My fishing was a creek about 1 mile away. It had eels,Northrtn Suckers, bluegills, a limited amount of smallies and rainbows...and one farm pond with bass up to 4 pounds...surrounded by mean bulls..not sure if I was allowed to fish it or not..we just did.

At 16 I got my drivers license and bought a book.Fishing in Maryland. This where I discovered many more places to fish..which included a beautiful trout stream one county over and a river not far away with tons of White Perch. My mom had subscribed me to every fishing and hunting magazine available. I grew up with a very strict step dad and fished and hunted on every opportunity I could find. In the summer I hunted crows and ground hogs...our ice never got that hard to safely ice fish..

I used to read about bass fishing in Florida. It's unreal .However, with all the pressure they just don't jump in the boat.

Presently my step dad and I get along very well. My mom and him ended up getting divorced and we have grown quite close.He's the best mechanic I've ever met. He retired as an electrician for I-95 highway. He restores antique engines and drives a Model T Ford. He's 82 and just last month put a new head gasket on..He's very smart.His education is 5th grade. I'm sure his hard beltings have kept me out of prison..so his strictness was most likely for my own good.At 17 I ran off with a very tough group of young men..most are dead now. I met the Lord at age 22...if not for that experience I know I'd be dead and suffering somewhere.