HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Safe to shoot gun or bow while pregnant?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I would not take the chance if it were my wife. Im not sure if the loud noise would be a big deal since you are in your first trimester, but the exposer to lead might be. I just wouldnt want to take a chance on anything going wrong. I would check with your doctor.
I have never heard of a gun shy child. The lead issue is null and void for what about all. if any, she was exposed to in her experiences prior to this is not of an issue unless she worked in a smelting plant. Handling shotshells in a recreational manner is such a miniscule chance of lead exposer its not even worth mentioning.
I have cast lead bullets, decoy weights and fishing sinkers for over 35 years. Not too mention all the game taken with lead shot in longer than that. I decided to have my doctor have a lead test ordered while I was getting my physical done for work just for S&G's.
It was so small detection levels that he said it was just like any other person on the street during regular lifes travels levels. And that includes my 30+ years trap shooting, sometimes over 500rnds a week for registered trap, and all my years shooting and loading for pistol competition.

So I as well am not a Dr. nor stayed at a Holiday Inn, but feel consultation with her OB/GYN would be advisable due to the possibilities of falling or overdue stress due to the walking and bending etc.. would be of a possible concern. My .02 cents.