HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Fish Finder
Thread: New Fish Finder
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
buckhunter14
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
not me..{ -; ...I'm a semi-pro angler with a jon boat.{ -;

By the way, I learned a tough lesson yesterday..don't flip or pitch with a spinning rod..WITH A JIG especially on a windy day..went 0-5 } -:

Reasons..too much slack..line wrapping around reel..and with the wind..I was never really set up..NEVER AGAIN..rubber worm ..maybe but not a jig.Rubber worm fishing gives you more time..Jig fishing is quick.

Giving it a rest this evening..instead..will be shooting some arrows..Matt and I will hit it hard tomorrow..even though the wind is supposed to be contrary.9-15 MPH
Actually if one can deal with it..the wind is excellent for fishing cat tails..the fish will be there although the angler will have a hard time setting up.
Do you have any spots where fish may be spawning in deeper water? I'm not familiar enough with your area, but wind triggers great crankbait and spinnerbait bites up here. If I could find bedded fish outside the cattails in 3-8 FOW, could be something worth looking into, I know you have been focusing on the thick vegetation lately though.