HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just Got The GPR Flint
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by TNHagies
I have no dog in this fight but..

I know you're old and stubborn but it'd help your standing with others if you'd open your mind just a miniscule amount.
Listen, I was told I made a mistake, and I should have bought a TC. I explained why I didn't. It matters little to me if you don't agree, but let me go over a few points you disagree on.

"The GPR is as a production gets to a real Hawken. The TC copies nothing. - Do deer or elk really care what is period correct? If you care, then that's fine but it only makes it your opinion."

My answer....No deer and elk don't care, but they aren't buying the gun. I am, and it does matter to me. It also matters when I go to BP shoots. I wasn't trying to satisfy anybody but myself when I bought the GPR. Especially since I was the one paying for it.

"The Lyman has a PRB twist. The TC doesn't. - GM has a ton of drop in barrels in a lot of twist rates and calibers."

My answer..... So, you think spending over $200 for an aftermarket barrel is equal to using the barrel that comes with the GPR? I put a GM 1-70 barrel in a Renegade. I shot an elk with it last year. It didn't shoot any better than a GPR. You made no point on this one.

"The Lyman is more accurate. - BS, I've owned both and know guys that have both. This is an absurd statement."

My answer...I've owned both too. I stand by my statement. So does this shoot out. He may have chose the TC as an overall pick. His personal pick. Not everybodies. However, see which one he says is more accurate. Maybe you don't know how to hold the GPR?

http://www.gun-tests.com/issues/18_6...les5339-1.html

"The Lyman offers flint and lefty hand. The TC doesn't anymore. - This is your only valid argument if you're in the minority of those who are left handed and wish to own a production flintlock."

My answer.....All my points are valid.

"All TC guns whether they're inlines or sidelocks slap my cheek. Lyman's don't. - Learn to hold the gun correctly."

My answer.... This one is funny. I can hold a GPR ok, but not TC's? Whatever you say slick."

"Why buy used when for the same price I can get new? Used ML are always risky. Guys don't take care of them. - I buy used MLs all the time and I don't think I've ever taken a risk. Inspect it before you buy it."

My answer.... No need to inspect a new gun. No used guns in my small town. Not even a gun shop. How do you suggest I inspect a used gun bought online?