HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just Got The GPR Flint
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 AM
TNHagies
Nontypical Buck

I have no dog in this fight but..

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
A few things wrong with your idea.

The GPR is as a production gets to a real Hawken. The TC copies nothing. - Do deer or elk really care what is period correct? If you care, then that's fine but it only makes it your opinion.

The Lyman has a PRB twist. The TC doesn't. - GM has a ton of drop in barrels in a lot of twist rates and calibers.

The Lyman is more accurate. - BS, I've owned both and know guys that have both. This is an absurd statement.

The Lyman offers flint and lefty hand. The TC doesn't anymore. - This is your only valid argument if you're in the minority of those who are left handed and wish to own a production flintlock.

All TC guns whether they're inlines or sidelocks slap my cheek. Lyman's don't. - Learn to hold the gun correctly.

Why buy used when for the same price I can get new? Used ML are always risky. Guys don't take care of them. - I buy used MLs all the time and I don't think I've ever taken a risk. Inspect it before you buy it.

Who cares what a gun will be worth in 10 years? I'm almost 70. Mine will be worth what I paid for a long time. I bought it $200 cheaper than the going street price.

TC's are overpriced, and I don't see anything special about them.

Enough reasons?
I know you're old and stubborn but it'd help your standing with others if you'd open your mind just a miniscule amount.