HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Conical In A GPR?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

You're right. I'm not interested.

I know the limitations of a PRB, and I accept them. I wish others would feel the same. No matter what the weapon.

Here's a post I just read on another forum. It echos how I feel. Don't take this personally. It's aimed at everybody.

"For me, at least, a big part of the fun of blackpowder is getting close. If I want to snipe at game from the next county, I'll buy a sniper rifle, I guess. Blackpowder -- especially traditional blackpowder -- is an intentional handicap, much as is a handgun, a bow, or even a spear or knife, for the intrepid gentlemen who choose that route. Intentionally handicapping yourself and then ignoring those handicaps doesn't make any sense to me.

I personally think that trying to push the limits of your choice of weapons is a poor practice, whether it's a 500 yard rifle shot, a 150 yard revolver shot, or a 50 yard bow shot. Few if any of us are subsistence hunters, and placing game animals at significant risk of lingering, painful death simply to satisfy our egos or need for entertainment is, well, a bad thing."