HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Falcon rods ?
Thread: Falcon rods ?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Glad you fellows like your rods..if I ever need another rod i'll get one....as of now both rod racks are filled...

My best rod is a 5.00 yards sale Fenwick Triggerstick Legend that books for 80.00. I like the 7 foot medium action Ugly Sticks for drifting and setting the hooks with 10 pound mono.the flex in
the rod helps to keep the line from breaking..On the Fenwick I sanded the cork handle down to properly fit my hand..it's my favorite rod. It.s 6 feet 10 inches. I took 2 inches off the butt.

My 2 seven foot MHLightning rods actually feel like heavy action...I think they ymay be good this year with flipping secondary structure using 30 or 40 braid..

I think Lightning rods are totally under rated...especially the older ones.i still have my first 2 Lightning rods..1981 alll guides are like new and both rods have boated 100s of bass...they were pure black uwith the bold orange Lightning rod decal.This year they look a lot like the Carrot Stick..sharp looking rod.i bought my son one..he loves it...not bad for 39.95

For the money..I like the 100,00 Garcia Revo..reel Wally no longer carrys that model. I get them new from EBay ...last one was free shipping.new in box. I've bought two from EBay..

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-13-2012 at 11:20 PM.