HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Kansas get the use of tracking dogs for recovering game legalized
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kswild
Yep Ken I filled out my survey last week and marked that one as well as making a crossbow legal for everyone during archery season. All I have to say is if you don't hunt Kansas how in the world would you know if you need a dog to track or not. I don't care where ELSE you may have hunted Ken is 100% right on this one. A tracking dog would have helped me plenty this season.
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
I haven't hunted Kansas, but I have been there, (a great state) but I see no reason for tracking dogs. I am not saying everyone would abuse the law but a lot of people would. A dog would have helped me a lot this year also, & last year & the years before that also. My feeling is that if you don't want to hunt, you shouldn't, Tracking your game is part of the hunt. I say go to a game farm where you don't have to track. I don't think deer would qualify for the record book if taken aided by the use of a dog. as to the Crossbow, if a person is disabled then they should be able to use a crossbow. I certainly hope the sportsmen & women of Kansas vote against this idea. I will have to check and see just what the Kansas DNR's position is on this, it can't be good, Doc