HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Sights 101
Thread: Bow Sights 101
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Krypt Keeper
Typical Buck

My wife and myself use a TruGlo Carbon XS. We both swapped out our 3 pin sights for these. Well actually she got it and I liked it so much it was either get my own or steal hers.

This sight has 5 pins and the fiber optics are .19 size Which is a pretty standard size on most sights now. Some newer and more $$ sights use .10 which I personally think are to small. Then the cheaper and some older sights have larger pins .28 I believe. The larger pin sizes seemed to block too much of the target at 40 or 50 yards. My stocker worked but limited me in adjustments, I suck at guessing yardage so I got my pins set to cover the areas I hunt and enjoy shooting out to in the back yard. I practice out to 50yards and doing this makes the 20 and 30 yard shots seem like childsplay.

You can get them for $50 from basspro or cabelas

as for rests it depends on what your looking for. I want full containment and a dropaway. Looked at QAD's and Rip Cord and Apache. I went with the code red rip cord. Not the cheapest but did what I wanted. It does drop back down if you let down the bow. This didn't effect me any this past hunting season when I had to let back down. Just be smooth and you won't have any issues. Get them on sale right now for the black body for $69

Last edited by Krypt Keeper; 02-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.