HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Horton 175 Mod's
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 AM
honkerdown
Spike

Default Horton 175 Mod's

Horton 175 Vision Mod's

I have a Horton 175 and just love it. Here are a few things I have added to make it my own Killing & Filming Machine. First I added wiskers to the string, along with limbsavers on the limbs, it seemed to make the quiet crossbow even quieter. Next I added a limbsaver slip on over the stock not for the kick but so i t wont slip off the shoulder. Just the other day I have added the Leupold Vendetta rangefinder, both the mount and the vendetta were gotten off Ebay.I also added the digital video camera, on the other side of the scope. In the one pic you can see how I attached the rangefinder button just behind and above the trigger. The camera was a bit of a challenge to attach but i used a expoy to attach the mount to the area above where the limbs attach to the cross riser for a lack of a better term. The camera is from Oregon Scientific, looking and watching on Ebay for a new update version. The camera can be removed by sliding it out of the mounting bracket thus allowing for the downloading of the days video shoot. All these changes/additions haven't even added more then a pound to the already light bow. I am so looking forward to spring gobbler season and next deer season, should be fun. One last thing i am going to do is get one of the top mount brackets to relocate my quiver from the front to over top the scope.

Hope you enjoy and like what I have done. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..........I think...LOL

Here is a link to video's i posted on youtube , one is a 20 yd shot the other is a 40 yd shot. The 40 yd you can watch the bolt flight...

http://youtu.be/xuB0XQ5ATUw
Attached Images