HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BEWARE of Triangle T Outfitters!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jorgy
I amazes me that someone would pay this kind of money without things in writing (contract). I have learned many things over the years with my job dealing with people and money and the best advice I have ever gotten was when dealing with money, prepare everything like you are going to court, then you never will. If it's not in writing, then don't expect it to happen.
I remember a few years back, hunting unit 10 actually for elk...

Was all set to book a hunt with an outfitter, we discussed everything on the phone, then he sends me the contract and wants his money $$ or my money?? ha, and the contract says nothing but the dates, and elk hunt and power of attorney? it was like a contract an 8th grader would write... I called him and was like did you forget to send me some paperwork etc...? then he after a few days of this, he basically booked someone else and said go scratch...

any professional who has been in business for more than 2 years outfitting I think would have a legit contract...

on another elk hunt, the outfitter was 100% professional, everything was spelled out, several form copies, so everyone had a copy...

but even now, I would call every reference available... ask every question possible, and anything fishy I would walk!