HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Land vs Private Lands
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 AM
thomasmgp
Fork Horn

My farm is quite small, only 450 acres, and somehow I managed to over hunt every square inch of my property during this past deer season by myself. I have never hunted public land or been a member of a large club but I assume the same result will occur.

Lots of people = spooked animals = better luck next year.

Also as to trespassers on private land. My AR-15 says NO!

But try and do some pre-game before season starts. If in a wooded area look for patches of leaves that are obviously disturbed. Turkeys scratch when they feed just like chickens except its a 20 pound chicken with much larger feet. Its very very obvious where turkeys have been feeding. I have been deer hunting for 15 years and this will be my first turkey season and I have found it much much easier to track my turkeys than deer in regards to where they are moving to and from feeding areas. Gotten so good at patterning my birds I figured out I have 3 different populations of about 50-60 birds in each one. Just from seeing signs like messed up leaves and entire corn piles eaten in 1 day lol, and then setting trail cams to watch those areas.

Last edited by thomasmgp; 01-26-2012 at 03:40 AM.