HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What time of the day do you harvest or get spring turkeys to work the best
Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Adrian J Hare
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
First post in a long while, good to be back on and looking forward to this year's turkey contest.

This one is tough to pinpoint an exact timeframe. I'd say I kill about 30% of mine off the roost and the other 70% anywhere from 9AM to 12PM. I'd rather slide in around 9 oclock after the big daddies have had their fun, and get settled to try and call em in for round 2. BUT, there's nothing like calling back and forth to a hot tom on the limb, then having him pitch down and come in on a string within 10 minutes of fly down. I take em any way I can get em! When it comes down to it, I have more luck during mid-morning hours.
Who the hell invited you back Just kiddin ya welcome back

I have to agree so much with your view, as its hard to put a time on when the best time is. I have killed birds all hours of the day but really find that from 1:00pm - 3:30 pm is the lawl time as most birds find it way to hot to travel or move around.

When I used to guide in Florida I found that the 1-3 time range most birds would sit tight under cabage palms and wait for the sun to drop before moving for nighttime feed.

Being able to hunt all day there and here in Ontario I found that most or the highest rate of kills would be in that 5:00pm - 6:30 range.

I still took a percentage of birds off the roast and as well after that 8:00am - 11:00am range too...