HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - trying to decide if I should have my new rifle coated
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
That do not coat the breachplug.

BP that's why I said old guns, I no longer have them. It just looked like a dark blueing but was really slick. Water would bead and just roll off the barrel. I had a remington 1187 done and a old lk93.
I guess for a Blued Barrel it would be of some benefit, but how about a SS Barrel? On either of my blued or ss barrels I just wipe em down with a coating of Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner and it seems to do the same thing, I even remember back in the day when I put some good wax on the barrel and that worked. It held long enough befor the next cleaning anyway, then I applied it again. But now that I have nothing but SS Barrels I dont need to do anything to them execpt go hunting.
Even on my Cheap Blued Barrels with nothing on them, if they got wet and started to rust I just wiped em off with some Oil and they were like new again.
Im sure it's a good application but Maintenance after a hunt is all you need to get your barrel back looking like new......dont worry about the Rain, Just Hunt.
(BP)