HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hevi shot reviews
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Mr. Longbeard
Nontypical Buck

Default Hevi shot reviews

I've always had my doubts about hevi shot... I've only shot 2 turkeys with the stuff... One was about 50 yards away with Hevi13 #6's and i hit bird and watched him fly away... Looked for hours with no luck... I then bought a box of the HV13 #5's and shot a jake at about same distance... Hit bird and and knocked him down but had to finish him... Bird gave me a fit finishing him off...

I've done a lot of patterning with this stuff and it just doesent seem like it has the penetration like everybody claims...

I took some time this week end to just do some reading and did a few searchs on hevi shot reviews... And 99% of the reviews are about how great it patterns...

I hardly see any reviews on how well its destroyed gobblers at 40-50 plus yards...

And if I did see a negative review it was about how it didnt performe out at 45-50 yards...

I know this stuff patterns awsome compaired to anything else I've patterned... But I'm not worried about patterns... I want the stuff in my pattern to kill the dag gone bird...

So I guess what im getting at... Were is the kill reviews thats what I want to read!!! And not the ones at 20 and 30 yards...