HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about DR. Deer coming to WI.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bukmastr
I think non-res fees are to high already... But I would like to see something like $75. non-res tag "UNLESS YOUR STATE CHARGES MORE TO OUR RESIDENTS" Then we charge the same... Paying $600+ to hunt iowa and illinois is rediculas...

Remember, these non-residents not only buy tags, they rent rooms, eat food, buy gas, etc... They spend a lot of money here to our buisnesses and we should do more to attract them, and stop letting all of the states charge all of us who occasionally go on out of state hunts prices for a tag that cost as moch as some outfitters charge for outfitting.

I know a guy i n Iowa whose two grown kids live out of state. For his two boys to come hunt there own family farm with there combined three kids, and the one brothers wife who hunts, it cost them over $3600.00 to hunt deer on there own family farm... Rediculas!
I wish every state just had a max non-res/resident fee multiplier, like 8x , in most states I would say residents could be paying more, ie it's almost like they're getting a subsidy, and non-residents flip the bill.

ie 8x, ie a resident tag would be $50, and a non-res would be $400, some states are like $19 while non-res pays $900+