HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Jersey deer numbers
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:33 AM
BOWHUNTERCOP
Nontypical Buck

Been hunting NJ for over 31 years, I have to say this year has been the worst ever!!!!! EHD hasn't affected the herd in my area (zone 4) which is the most restricted Deer zone in NJ, but still the herd is way down, and the check stations up there are reporting very low numbers of deer checked in this year, even the amount of hunters in this zone are way down, even on opening day of the deer/bear hunt very little shooting, I even let 4 bucks walk, just way to small for me in this zone, the average buck is a forkhorn !!!! I've said it for many years and I was laughed at and mocked at a few years ago when I told hunters that the unlimited antlerless deer hunts, as well as the long seasons will come back to bite us all in the rear, they want to believe the state that it's OK to kill all the deer, and still those that bitch will continue to kill all the deer, I haven't taken a antlerless deer in NJ in 8 years and refuse too. These new so called hunters aren't old school like me, they think killing off the herd makes them a great hunter, they are killers in my eyes. To be a real hunter is to show true patience not to go off and kill everything in sight. I'm just happy I have Illinois to do my trophy hunting, this state is all about the money. Also the amount of bears and coyotes are killing off the herd as well. The unlimited antlerless harvest and the long seasons need to STOP!!!! We need statewide rules, not zone restricted rules, One buck with the bow, muzzleloader and shotgun, with either 3 points to one side, or as wide as the ears, and one antlerless deer per season (NJ has 5 seasons), have winter bow only, no gun hunting after the New Year, no more EAB

NJHeadHunter, did you get my messages about hunting Illinois?

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 12-27-2011 at 01:50 PM.