HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Enough with the deer hunting shows.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 06:50 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

I gave up on hunting shows a while ago... I will admit - I used to watch a bunch of them over the years. But then one day (thank God for the modern DVR), I saw something and had to quickly hit the pause button or freeze button or whatever on the remote.

The show did a wide angle shot for a brief moment, and I paused it right there. The camera angle, scene, and focus of attention were directed this way, but yet over there (due to the wide angle), you saw something way in the back through the trees.

You guessed it... A #%*$&^ high fence...

I won't name names, but, I have met a few of the so called "TV stars" and/or Hunting Pros at some of those Outdoorsman Shows at the Expo or Civic Center in town. They are nice guys and all, but honest... I wasn't impressed. They are just regular guys out there trying to make a living. With some of those guys, if you put them out there on public land, out there amongst 9000 other hunters on a Saturday, they'd fall flat on their face! So, they have to hunt the expensive game ranches and high fences. They are basically just media whores who will do whatever it takes to sell a product so they don't lose their sponsorship.

Pffffffffffftttttttttt.....