HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first bird hunting trip, pictures!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM
prairienights
Spike

Default My first bird hunting trip, pictures!

I was born and raised in a hunter's paradise, in Northern Wyoming. This is my very first season ever actually hunting though. I've spent several days deer hunting (and got my very first deer, just a doe, but she's delicious!), and I have also gone bird hunting. I have found that I love both. I can travel on foot indefinitely, so I loved bird hunting just because it was constant movement. I actually feel tired at the end of the day after a bird hunt. Up and down the prairie foothills. I'm not too confident with a shotgun yet, but it is pretty fun.

Here are some pictures of my first bird hunting trip. We got several pheasants and Huns (Hungarian partridges). I personally just got two Huns, but I was happy with it. And oh my word were they delicious!!! Just like I far prefer venison over beef, I have discovered I'd rather never eat another chicken again (even yard raised chickens) if I could just have a lifetime supply of game birds, lol. I roasted one of my huns and lightly seasoned and dredged the other and panfried it.

The German shortair pointer is Echo, and the German wirehair pointer is Shelley. They were a blast to hunt with. We walked 10.9 miles this day!!

Haha, here's me

Last edited by prairienights; 12-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.