HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Enough with the deer hunting shows.
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

I don't believe there are many shows on TV that are canned hunts (small enclosures). However, there is no doubt that some are on high fence larger properties. The majority IMHO are like was stated earlier and those are larger private properties where few bucks are being shot and that allows them to grow to their potential. If most of the people hunting on TV shows hunted on public land like many of us have to do, including "give me a second Potts", whom I can't stand, they wouldn't be shooting anything to make a TV show because the animals they are shooting simply aren't there in the first place. I like the OYOA show Randy Newberg does on the Sportsman Channel because it is the real deal that most of us every day hunters have to deal with. You can kill some good animals with research and some luck, but not on a regular basis where there will be many shows on TV like he does. I hope his continues to get a good following allowing him to keep doing it because he's a great, down-to-earth guy.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-17-2011 at 11:39 AM.