HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Ideas
Thread: Any Ideas
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buckyou
It isn't a question of letting a deer rot. It is a question of "landowner rights!"

land..............owner.

Owner

tax payer of the land

stay the frig off my land unless i me the owner gives you permission !

So mr. Goodthing that a deer rots...........let everyone cross onto your lot.
wow quite a intelligent reply to a question that wasnt even directed at you.

Of course thats the kinda response i would expect from someone who encourages somebody else to harrass a person hunting on the next property till they give it up.

The rights of a landowner trumping anyone else's perceived rights IS a good thing.

Would I like to see a deer go to waste? No.

But, that deer's not legally anyone's, until it's tagged. Maybe the hunter who shot it needs to back off the line a little (or, make a better shot).

Would I deny someone access to my land....to retrieve a deer (or, any animal he legally shot)? No. I'd go help him find it.

Every deer that crosses onto private property isn't necessarily dead. They made it that far, huh? So, what you're really talking about is a search for a possibly lethally hit animal.

Do I respect the landowner's rights to deny access? Absolutely.
GMMAT, I actually agree with most of what you said there and I believe you would lend them a hand.The problem comes when "landowners" start using thier "rights" to influence things that arent thiers.This post is a good example, the OP is worried about a guy hunting 2 acres that arent his to worry about.

i know a guy here that inherited a bunch of scattered farm land, he doesnt like hunting and raised so much hell with his nieghbors that did let people in to hunt they finally decided it was easier just to say no to the hunters than listen to him whine everytime he seen a truck in thier fields.Nobody ever actually bothered anything of his but he still managed to get about 1000 acres that werent even his closed to hunting.Another thing he likes to do is call the DNR during the gun deer season on anyone hunting the public ground near his land.They arent actually doing anything wrong, but he knows they wont put up with being stopped everytime they go in there and they will go hunt elsewhere.

To clarify a little the farmers around here for the most part regard deer as giant rats and would rather see you killing them then spending your time calling them for permission.Theres a few that do like to know if your going to be on thier ground and those ones will always get a phone call first.Then theres guys like the first one I mentioned that just flat ass dont care for hunters and will use thier "rights" to interfere in any way possible..Or guys like buckyou that think its just fine to make a nuisance out of yourself in order to drive hunters off other peoples property.

If I had a wounded deer go into your property you can bet you would recieve a phone call asking permission to recover the deer.On the other hand if the guy I talked about here has a wounded or dead deer on his property youll have to understand Im not going to go out of my way to contact him, and its good to know legally I dont have to.