HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Season 2012
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 AM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default 2012

Arrow,

You want to go crazy, let me tell you about going crazy. We don't have a fall season here in GA., but last year during October, I was deer hunting and heard one bird gobble 10 times that morning, crazy yet.

Well, 2 weeks ago, here again, deer season is in. At 6:55 a.m. I hear a bird gobble within approximately 100 yds from me, then another. About 20 minutes later I see something black moving, I'm thinking hog, I put the scope on it and it was a gobbler scratching, then another, now the 2nd bird goes into a strut, they feed out of my site. Two days later, close to the same area, another bird gobbles, now I'm really breathing hard. I see him coming my way, I put the scope on him and he is definitely a shooter.

Want something to test your will power, integrity, honesty, etc., let this happen. There I sat and watched him walk off leting out a couple more gobbles. I'll tell you out right, that will test your will power. All I can think of is that he/they will be in the same area this coming spring, hopefully.

dog1

Last edited by dog1; 11-29-2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: addition