HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why so Inaccruate?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Lance_23
Fork Horn

I see what you are saying, but i have a one peice solid mount and the reange is behind my house 101 yards to be exact, i shoot off a shooting bench tho i didnt try out sand bags so thats a option also, I was thinking about what the guy said about the scope being 1.74-4 power and came up with the conclusion that using this scope on this rifle is almost like shooting with iron sights at 100 yrds, ok heres a scenario, Im shooting a rifle with iron sights at 25 yrds my groups are nearly on top of each other, ok i move the target to 50 yrds and my groups are still good (lets just say still touching), ok i then move the target to the 100 yrd mark and the groups are all not even close to each other, what i see here is that shooting through iron sights and grouping within inches of each other is well..... awesome shooting i guess you could say. So theres not much diffrence between shooting iron sights or with the power scope i have at that distance being that it is made for a shotgun. Am i hitting close here on this or what?