HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - little debate at an gun shop over 45cal ml
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 PM
corey012778
Nontypical Buck

Default little debate at an gun shop over 45cal ml

I was going around to gun shops trying to get an quote on an cva accura in 45cal. (keeping local type deal). when they guy behind the counter was done giving me the quote, he asked "whats wrong with 50cal we have one on the shelf"

I said nothing, I have an number of 50cal muzzleloaders. I am just wanting another one in 45cal. he went on, "I can't see why you want to try to make an muzzleloader into an centerfire"
my reply.
I'm not, I have one now and shooting an full bore home cast bullet out of it.
did have another person in the shop that shot 45cal muzzleloaders. so he agreed with wime
the quote was too high for my taste anyway.

went to another gun shop.
got asked why do I want an 45cal muzzleloader, explained why,
that clerk told me, if you don't make your own bullets. you are going to have an tough time finding something to shoot out of it. told him what I was planning to use out of it.

just got "that will do it"

they price they gave me where $60 less.

just a little mad that someone would tell me I was wrong on what i was wanting to buy, fill like it was my choice of what I wanted to get and willing to put the money out (not right now) to buy local and pay extra, then to buy off the net.