HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new respect for bow hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 04:11 PM
not the dogs
Fork Horn

Default new respect for bow hunters

This is my first year bow hunting. I have past on a lot of deer this year until today. Well sort of. A doe came about 15 yards in front of me and as I was sizing her up thinking about taking her I noticed a spike coming in behind her. As he was walking towards me I could see that he was limping pretty good. When he stopped 20 yards out eating, I decided that I may take him instead because on his injury. So I stood up slowly, started to draw my bow and ask the Lord that if he was going to make it, just let him see me and run off or let me have a clean miss. Well I'm not sure that he seen me or heard something but at half draw he raised his head and trotted off. After that another doe came out in the same spot and she was nice for these parts. This time she busted me before I can even get to half draw. I just wanted to tell all of you successful bow hunters out there that you'll half to be some of the best hunters around. Not taking anything away from gun hunters because I know do both but you really must be at the top of your game to hunt with a bow. Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to take one with a bow and I'm sure that it will be something to remember. Any pointers from you'll would be great.