HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 AM
countertop
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
Bronko,

I know many hunters are in favor of Sunday hunting. As I stated previously, in another thread, I cannot support that idea.

I feel that the game need some time to recover from the hunting pressure. I know that there is less hunting all week then there is on Saturday but, I still think they need a day to eat and breed in peace if we are to maintain a healthy number of deer and other game. As it is, deer numbers are down from what I can see in the last few years. Sunday hunting will only make things worse.
Do you really feel this way? Or is this just a cover for a religious based objection to Sunday hunting?

No offense to you personally, but as much as I find the religious objection distasteful and offensive, at least I can understand a deeply religious person making it. This "day of rest for the animals" argument, by comparison, is nonsense and simply makes folks sound like morons. Or worse, dishonest and insincere.

We are dealing with the same crap in Virginia. At least here, the Farm Bureau is brave enough to cite the bible and the need for folks to rest and not to hunt on the Sabbath as its defense of the Sunday hunting ban. That the sabbath is actually on Saturday seems to have been lost on them.