HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 PM
stapher1
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
Ok... So you want us to believe that these deer you see on Sunday morning are making themselves seen to you because there is less pressure on a Sunday..

Interesting concept you want me to buy into. However if you are trying to say deer act differently 12 to 14 hrs after the last hunters leave the woods on Saturday evening, one of two things must be true. A deer is capable of logical thinking or they have calendars to keep track of when the 6th consecutive day of hunting comes to an end. I might have to start looking for tally marks in their scrapes, maybe that's how they keep track. There is no legitimate reason to not have sunday hunting, only individual personal preferences that have nothing to do with PROVEN deer management concerns. How many guys out there can't kill a deer during the other 6 days in the week and you are trying to save a deer by not allowing an additional maximum 10 hrs of hunting per week or 40 Maximum additional hours per month. The reality of it is this... at the most the average deer hunter hunts till 9:30 am and most hunt from 3:30-4 pm till dark. That is an increase of what???? 5 hours per week on average- X4= 20 hrs a month extra. And you still want to claim your objection to sunday hunting is because you want to save deer. REALLY???? I'm still not buying it just because you say so.
NO, what he wants us to believe that the woods is full of hunters after the first day of rifle and the pressure doesn't stop till sunday when there is NOBODY in the woods expect guys checking their traps, guys cutting fire wood, guys moving their stands, people walking there dogs, people riding atv's, dirtbikes, horses, Mtn. bikes, etc. The deer in were i hunt must been different then his, i have had them on trailcam, 2 days after the opener walking aound in the daylight, bucks freshing their scapes in the daylight, etc.

Let's not forget if deer disappear from a area that state takes it over and makes state park out of it, damn i'm going to lose my house i guess. That's like going to a amusment park that has no rides. It can't be that the state bought it for the tax's owed or it was for sale or it was donated to state. The elk in bennezette pa, are walking on alot of land that the state bought.

A magazine that is written by wildlife biologists has WAY more creditability then some random internet "super" hunter.

Not all of the state is having these problems, you need to get the state to fix the problems in the WMU's that need it and only them. Buy the doe tags then report them as filled. Just 1 tag could save like 3 for next year. (mom + 1,2,or 3 fawns). I've spent waaay more then that during a hard long winter, on helping the deer get through till the weather broke.

p.s I don't drink.