HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
If you don't think deer know that something is different on a Sunday morning, then you should probably try getting up out of your drunken stupor and go outside and walk around on a Sunday morning. No traffic noise, truck doors slamming, herds of hunters moving through the woods, and so on.

Ok... So you want us to believe that these deer you see on Sunday morning are making themselves seen to you because there is less pressure on a Sunday..

Interesting concept you want me to buy into. However if you are trying to say deer act differently 12 to 14 hrs after the last hunters leave the woods on Saturday evening, one of two things must be true. A deer is capable of logical thinking or they have calendars to keep track of when the 6th consecutive day of hunting comes to an end. I might have to start looking for tally marks in their scrapes, maybe that's how they keep track. There is no legitimate reason to not have sunday hunting, only individual personal preferences that have nothing to do with PROVEN deer management concerns. How many guys out there can't kill a deer during the other 6 days in the week and you are trying to save a deer by not allowing an additional maximum 10 hrs of hunting per week or 40 Maximum additional hours per month. The reality of it is this... at the most the average deer hunter hunts till 9:30 am and most hunt from 3:30-4 pm till dark. That is an increase of what???? 5 hours per week on average- X4= 20 hrs a month extra. And you still want to claim your objection to sunday hunting is because you want to save deer. REALLY???? I'm still not buying it just because you say so.