HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 AM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

I vote yes to hunting on Sundays. Anyone reading this thread in it's entirety like I just did can see that the arguments against it do not contain any merit. The majority of those against this- (I agree) are those who have the ability to hunt other days Monday though Friday and do not rely upon 1 day a week like those of us who work all week long. Deer do not change what they do one day a week out of 7 because they aren't being hunted that one day. Once the season begins they adapt quickly and go into stealth mode or nocturnal mode as soon as they begin smelling human scent or having encounters with humans in their territory. They do not sit back on Sunday and think "Whew!! Finally I can relax and NOW I can eat and breed in peace" That's nonsense and one of the dumbest things I've ever heard as an argument. As for PA... The management program sucks and I agree that alot of work needs to be done to fix it. However I am all for an added opportunity to hunt especially when the alternative for me is to hunt one species during the weeks that ducks, turkey, small game and upland birds can also be hunted. I would rather hunt ducks or grouse with my dogs in Pa than I would deer, that's what Ohio is for and it only costs $152 for a license and either sex tag and tons of deer everywhere, but that is another topic.

So for all those "Concerned Resource First" minded anti sunday hunters, I say this..... You Are Full Of Crap! Petition the tag allocations- not an opportunity to take kids hunting, spending some quality time with your hunting dog or a chance to put meat on the table for your family. More freedom is better than less.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 11-04-2011 at 11:03 AM.