HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All PA hunters, urgent
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
buckster55
Spike

"The state makes more money having them animals,"
"the state" does not make one dime off of those animals. Pgc funding is pgc funding. Not state funding. "THE STATE" believes they are LOSING money due to those animals effects on forestry and that is where the problem lies. You really should educated yourself a little better.

"This just insane and not even intelligent and your the first person i've EVER heard say that."
Really? Thats funny because I don't know ANYONE who thinks pgc has one ounce of credibility, and pgcs "antideer agenda" is well documented.

"Why would you oppose giving a guy a chance to hunt on what maybe the only two days to hunt (sunday & saturday)."
Resource FIRST. Overharvest also is NOT good for the sport of hunting in Pennsylvania despite what pgc caring about it or not.

"What you NEED TO OPPOSE IS the number of doe tags issued in your WMU. Not the chance for a guy to take his kids hunting."
I do. As do most others. Yet no reasonable changes occur.

In western Pa, we don't have a lack of game,
Thats your opinion and nothing more. Mine is that the herd level across this unit, and most of the state for that matter, is below what it should be and could be responsibly, and they are clearly seeking to continue with further reductions despite claims of stabilization.

"i don't know who you tells you that,"
30+ years of hunting and longer than that living here, and many years closely following pgc follies. And pretty much every other hunter Ive talked to or heard from.

maybe you need to look at the harvest report a little harder,
Sure, why dont we do just that!....

Should i start with the 50 + year low statewide buck harvests we have been having? Or should I start with the insanely low buck harvest in 2A the last few years? The buck harvest was getting so pathetic, they lessened our antler restrictions and put us into split season to up the buck harvest to make it look better! lol. Rosenberry also admitted to using rifle season harvest reporting rate "across the board" and for all seasons even though it was a lower rate than archery & ML, and he said it made the figures pgc give HIGHER than actual! That was brought to light this past spring pgc meeting thanks to the cross examination tactics used by commissioner Boop. Made Rosenberry look extremely foolish to have to admit the intentional use of inaccurate data.

Anything else I should take a look at?

Buck harvest in 2010 unit 2a... 5800. What a joke. We were killing more than that on 1/3 of the land mass in one county in the late nineties!

The only areas of the state not being overharvested is the sras. Pgc is a joke and cannot be trusted with more "tools" to devastate our deer herd further. Dcnr has asked for this previously and thats why pgc is jumping on command.

Last edited by buckster55; 10-31-2011 at 02:04 PM.