HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First bow?
Thread: First bow?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
firelt72
Typical Buck

First welcome here. Secondly your bow and budget.... Of those you have listed the only one I have direct knowledge of is the Diamond. I bought one for my daughter a few years ago and it has been a great first bow for her. My neighbor shoots one also and loves it due to it being light and compact. The only - thing is her sights completely fell apart this summer (1 1/2 years) and I upgraded her to a good set. That would be the first thing I changed on that bow if you get that one. I personally am not a bear fan, maybe I am missing something.

Suggestion # 2 look at craigslist and see what is out there. There are a lot of guys who have to have the greatest and best new thing and so you will find them dumping gear. I picked up a used Pearson Z34 with a great set of sights for $210. It was in great shape. Here locally I just looked and there are 6 or 8 used bows that are great buys in your range- also look on the sale and trade area here. there are other sites that deal with archery that have for sale boards too. Ebay?

Suggestion #3 PM my buddy gun870guy - Steve. He has an archery shop and can do some great deals on bow products. He is a straight shooter.

Good luck!