HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 Returning Champions Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Wink

Got Out This Am
Wow the wife was in a good mood yesterday allowing me another morning sit with out having to go to church. She must be wanting something! I know what it is, she wants me to sponsor her to go to Thailand to work an orhanage for a month. You go girl and allow me what ever it is I ask,yahooo. Anything else you want?
Well I got settled in at 7:45 and I didn't have to wait long, I could hear the rustle of the leaves as it approached along the trail. Grabbed my bow but wait a minute!!! He was here already, dang it,dang yote didn't give me a chance to draw on him as he was turned right around and heading back to where ever it was he came from. The saying goes, wiley coyote Huh! Never seaze to amaze me those yote's.
I sat back down and not long after I can see movement from the field in what they spend the nite in. Just caught it as it entered the tree line and I grabbed and put my call in my mouth. He was 40 yards behind some willows and I grunted. He showed no movement towards the call,I tried again and still nothing.All I could see was antler and let me tell ya there was a lot of it,he had mass and width. Off he went and I put my bow back up and grabbed the antlers and tickled them and still no response from him as he walked away.
For sure he was over 170, I couldn't get a count on points and he was moving in broad daylight to boot. I have never seen this buck and have no trail cams of him either,dang now I have to wait till next weekend to get back out. Good luck out there folks and be safe.
Rocky