HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad night, a first!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Update. Well we spent 4 hrs looking,crawling and just plain walking and nothing. We found a good pile of blood where she had layed down and bled out a good deal bout 75yds from impact site. Good trail for another 50-75yds, getting more sparse as we went, then it just to stop. We crawled around on hands and knees on each of the trails in the area, brairs and all, nothing. She was heading towards the pond though. I walked ahead and checked that, nothing.
Began to backtrack around and found a spot where she stopped on a trail and bled about 15-20 drops as she just stood there, then it stopped after that again, not to be refound. Hopefully she makes it through this. We never did find the arrow, fletching, nothing. Done our best. There are alot of turkey vultures and crows in that area also, they didn't seem to be keyed in on anything as well.

And Valentine, for what you are not worth mentioning, why post something such as that? I feel that for over 30 yrs of bowhunting, and 40yrs of hunting, I am 46 now, the thousands of animals harvested cleanly with multitude of weapons, this is my first deer of the 100's taken, that I have not been able to take home with me, is not too bad. This is only the second one I have ever shot that I had returned the next morning to retreive for the others went home with me then. So in all, if making this comment makes you feel like a man, then I am glad to say that I did not grow up in a household with such a pathetic example of a man to slate my future and existance after such as you. Even my dad of 72yrs old and replaced hip was out there trying to help recover that deer with us. So did I pay my penance yet, yes, meeting you!!

Last edited by SecondChance; 11-05-2011 at 10:06 AM.