HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hi, new to the forum and hunting.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

As far as controlling Your scent,probably the best way is to wash all Your Hunting Clothes in scent-free detergent then air/hang dry on a line outside or use the earth-scented dryer sheets then keep the clothes outside,when Your ready to put your clothes on to hunt...You need to shower with scent-free soap then gear up and probably spray down with scent-killer spray also...lots of things to do and consider just to go hunting.I usually also keep my Hunting Boots outside also and spray them down with scent-killer spray also...and as an extra measure I have been wearing rubber boots and I only use them while hunting and never wear them in town to put gas in my Truck...sometimes I walk trhu the downed persimmons to put and added scent cover on them.

Sure You can go out and buy the high-dollar Scent_Lok suits but You still need to wash with scent-free soap and spray down with some type of scent-killer spray to be more effective?I also wash my clothes in Dead Down-wind landry Detergent that has a UV-killer in it so my Hunting Clothes don't shine or stand out from the Factory UV-Brightners.

Another thing to practice is don't wear Your Hunting Clothes/Gear in the House while cooking or smoking....bog No No's in my book!You'd be surprised at how many more Deer You'll see by practicing good scent control.