HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad night, a first!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad night, a first!!!!!!

Boys, I am here to tell you I had my first bad hit/failure to leave with hit tonight.
I shot an adult doe at 24yds only to have her duck it and take a hit about 3 inches below the top of her back on the right side and who knows where it came out on the left. I saw my luma-nock shinning and thats how I know where it hit. No arrow to be found. Sounded like I hit a log though at the shot. Could not see the arrow hanging out as she ran away, was in the timber and getting dark. My stand is 27 feet high and should at least give me far lung on way out at least.
It was at about 1730hrs and I stayed in stand till 1800hrs. I only went to impact site and did not see any blood. I know where she ran up the hill and I followed the kicked up leaves for about 20 yds before heading out and home. It is going to be cool, low 40's tonight, and I have my brother coming at 0800 to help me pick up track and hopefully blood or arrow. Hopefully she layed down and let the broadhead do its job. I am sick!!!!!!!!! First time in 30yrs for this. Either it is a clean miss or clean kill, up to now.
Whatcha ya'll thoughts?