HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM
whacker
Fork Horn

Hit a pig tonight! Canned and grunted in a 5 pt and a 6 pt an heard other deer in the hollys. Let those deer work off and hit the can and caught movement from where I heard the rustling. I had a Doe walk toward me and close behind was a good one. He hung up and stood there for a minute or two while I was at full draw. He turned I stopped him and hit the release. All hell broke loose and the buck took off away from me and out of sight. Looked like I hit him in the upper lungs. Got down 45 minutes later and found my arrow, covered in blood. I couldn't see any immediate blood but it had rained about 2 hours earlier and I am color blind so it all looks the same to me. I feel confident about the shot. My friend is meeting me at first light tomorrow and hopefully will find him. It is supposed to rain more tonight so that may complicate things. I hope to have an update that includes pics tomorrow. Wish me luck.