HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I do not have a problem either with any landowner telling anyone they can not hunt on their land on Sunday. That is their right as a landowner.
What torques me off to no end is other hunters and so called hunting organization that tell an entire state what they can and can not do. And then say it hs nothing to do with religion. Baloney

They stand in front of others and say they will do what ever is necessary to support the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They say that hunters should stick together and do everything necessary to promote the sport and then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They moan and complain that the number of hunters are declining then say they are against Sunday Hunting.

They complain when people do not support gun rights and then say they are against Sunday hunting.

I can go on and on and on but any hunter who says they support this sport should be supporting Sunday Hunting in all states. Many of these same people who say they do not want Sunday Hunting would jump at a free hunt in any of the big states that have Sunday Hunting. How many would wake up on a Sunday Morning in any Western State and tell their guide they can not hunt because it is Sunday. Let the first one stand and say they would and I will call them a liar. They would be in the field at 5 am right along with everybody else. DANG HYPOCRITES,
I'm not sure it is "religion" by itself that is behind the Sunday hunting ban any more. Now the VAHDA will try to convince people of this but I don't believe it. I spoke with my state senator this spring after SB 850 was defeated. He said our biggest opponents were the VAHDA and the Farm Bureau. He said not one church organization spoke against hunting on Sunday that he heard.

He also told me it was his opinion that the VDGIF was going to have to come out and publicly support Sunday hunting before it would have a chance to pass. At least the VDGIF has finally come out and supported Sunday hunting.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 10-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.