HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CVA Accura V2 vs. Optima
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Alex G.
Fork Horn

Your explaination is noted... but you still spoke with a cust service rep, just as I did via email... just because you spoke with him doesnt overshadow the distain that you sent towards Jason responce...

In ref to Bergara Barrels...
Is a chevy still a chevy if it doesnt have the chevy logo/emblem?
Is a chevy still a chevy if it doesnt have that emblem & go thru the same quality control or finishing procedures that a chevy does?
No... its not. It might be made in the same factory, but the manufacturing process is different for a reason, its different to save dollars. If the company... and this is whatever company is out there... will not put their logo/name on a product, then they choose not to for a reason. Because the company feels its not a good enough product to hold their name... Now will that product live up to the companies life expectancy and performance expectations? Perhaps, but their name is not on the product for a reason.
I dont know of any garage gunsmith or shooter that has the equipment or resources that a manufacturer like Bergara does to finish/polish their barrels better than what we would receive without the Bergara head stamp. And why would anyone want to even try it... I have no doubt that when I receive my Optima I will be completely satisfied with the product that I receive... It will be an CVA Optima with a barrel made by Bergara for CVA, not a CVA with a Bergara barrel.

Your explaination didnt explain anything other than was already noted in this string... you dispelled 1 CS reps explaination but took anothers to heart.... he told you all CVA's had Bergara barrrels when that isnt true AND let him talk you into buying a gun!

Cheers....

MD54... your info has been spot on.. thanks for the help!