HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Psyching myself out?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
snedd162
Fork Horn

Default Psyching myself out?

This weekend i had 2 encounters. one with a doe and another with a nice 6 pt. I'm 20 yrs old and started bow hunting when I was 16. I have killed one deer with the bow, a nice doe last year. Other than that I missed once at a 6 pt back when i was 16. Here in Upstate NY i don't get to see all too many deer so getting one chance to take a shot in a season means i had a good season. well this past weekend i had 2 deer both with 35 yards on 2 separate nights and i didn't take the shot. Both were moving and never presented me with the best shot and some brush always seemed to be in the way. Normally i am a very confident hunter, with a gun especially i believe i am very competent. For some reason i feel that im psyching myself out whenever i have a shot with the bow. when im in the moment i always seem to have a reason not to shoot. I always tell myself afterwards that i did the right thing letting him walk without the shot bc it wasn't perfect but idk. Is it just me? does anyone else do this? i spoke to my dad about it and he said that my problem is because i only have one bow kill i haven't built up my confidence yet. any input would be great.