HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2011-2012 Season Success Pictures
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default 32 Yards

Got this doe Oct 16 around 630p. Had 10 turkeys and 8 deer under my stand. Felt like I was in grand central station with all the activity LOL. I thought for sure a nice buck would show but he didn’t make it to the party…

Waited until the last possible min to take a shot, this doe busted me but I must not have scared here enough as she cautiously approached back to my stand. She was doing the foot stomp thing and I knew I only had one last attempt to pull the bow back. As her eyes disappeared behind a small tree I draw the bow and was ready and waiting as she came all the way around. I knew the tree was at 30 yards and she was 2 yards beyond it. I let the arrow fly, I watched my green luma-knock hit a little more to the rear then I wanted but it was enough. She fell in her tracks as I hit her spine. I quickly knocked another arrow to finish her off. I would have felt really bad if I would not have recovered the deer.

I will say that I would have lost these arrows if it weren’t for the lighted knocks, they went right under the leaves and I could just make out the green glow.

Montec Brodhead went completely through her spine but as she fell the tip of arrow shaft broke off, ill go back out and try and find it. Broad-heads are not cheap anymore!

Meat on the table! She was a nice sized doe.
Attached Images  

Last edited by L. Clement; 10-17-2011 at 09:58 AM.