HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Get over yourself and face the fact that on occasion a broadhead will fail.
And you need to get a clue. A field tip through both of a deers lungs = dead as Julius Caesar. If you put that broadhead in those photos through both of a deers lungs then it died. If it didn't die then you did not hit both lungs. It's just that simple. Two collapsed lungs equal DEATH, quickly and typically within 120 yards. Doesn't make a tinkers d#*& whether the holes in the lungs are 1/2 inch wide or 3 inches wide. Doesn't matter if they are round holes, two blade slits or 4 blade X's. DEAD!

I have shot deer through the lungs with many different broadheads. Some had great blood trails. Some not so good. I shot a doe through the lungs with a 4 blade muzzy once and did not find a single drop of blood between my arrow and where she lay dead 70 yards away. Did that muzzy fail? Nope, and despite the lack of a blood trail I didn't fail to find her either. Blood trail or not double lunged deer don't go far. Never, ever, lost a deer I double lunged with any broadhead. Not even close.

Man up and admit you lost a deer. Stop blaming the broadhead. Either you didn't make the shot you think you did or your recovery skills need some work.

Last edited by Todd1700; 10-14-2011 at 09:05 PM.