HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help choosing a new game camera
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Icetrey
Looking at my budget I've narrowed it down to three, the Primos truth 46, the Moultrie D-55IR, or the Moultrie M-80. Which should I get and why? Or any good pros or cons for any of these?

Thanks a bunch
I have 3 of the Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR and 2 of the Moultrie M100. The M100, I have had for a very short time but what few pictures and videos I have got, turned out good. At the time, the dealer did not have the M80 in stock. The M100 is the next higher series and cost more. If using Moultrie cameras for video, they take a picture first, then the video. The field of view in the video is narrower than the field of view in the picture. Moultrie said this is how they down load.
The Moultrie cameras will only take a 10 second night video. I asked Moultrie if they had any intention of extending the night video (this was before the M80 and M100 came out). They replied "No" as this would require more battery power.
The majority of the camera manufactures offer a one year warrantee, whereas Bushnell offers two year.
I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras which have worked excellent.
I also have two of the SpyPoint IRB. My first two had video flicker. These were returned to Spy Point to be checked out. They returned two new cameras of the same series. These have worked fine.
Good customer service with any email inquiries to Bushnell, Moultrie and Spy Point.
The Moultrie D55-IR and the Spy Point IRB use 6 "C" batteries each whereas the Bushnell and Moultrie M100 will take a minimum of four or 8 "AA" batteries. The Bushnell and Moultrie M100 are much smaller cameras and are therefore easier to conceal.