HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer...
Old 10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Default Not a good way to start the season or become a rage customer...

I decided to give the rages a try this year and me and my sis went out tonight and we just sat by the some trees and tall grass and waited for deer to come out in the field. Well right off the bat a nice doe comes out walking right in front of me, I pull back and shoot. Good shot going straight for the lungs. But my rages hit the doe and clogged up instantly with blood/meat/hair/etc.. and didn't deploy out making the arrow only going in like 4-5 inches and getting one lung and also leaving me no blood trail at all. We watched the direction the doe went and let her sit for a good 1 1/2-2 hours. (with this heat we wanted to make sure we retreived her as fast as we could). We started out where I shot her in search of blood and all we found were a few drops.. leading us no where. So we followed where she took off to and looked everywhere but could not find her. We walked up and down all our draws two and three times and checked all the open areas and water areas. Nothing.

Wounded deer, dull rage broadhead with replacement o-ring needed, and an unhappy hunter with a disappointed sister that wanted to see her first deer harvested. Not a good start to the season.