HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Red Mist
Thread: Team 4 Red Mist
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 PM
IOWABUCKHUNTR
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
im guessin they recovered the arrow? and their was no sign on it?
nice video, may i suggest in the future you dont point out the flaws of the video?
why did all 3 of those does get out alive?
i woulda taken the 3rd doe fer sure, she was ripe in age, and i thought ya said yall were doin some doe mngmnt?

Yeah, we got out of our stands and walked over to where they were at. The arrow had gone right over his back; clean miss.

As for the three does, we had contemplated taking the last one that came through (last one shown in video) but she was moving through really fast. The other does however got the early season pass because of the fawn. Two of them were mature does and we couldn't distinguish which one was the mother... If they come in with a fawn that has any distinguishable spots, the mother is given a pass.

As for the doe management, I have 3 other new hunters coming in to do that early season (gives them an opportunity to harvest their first deer; and saves me a tag for later in the season), if none of them score, we settle the doe ratio with the muzzleloader come the early season next week.

As for the flaws in the video, it was shoddy editing and nowhere near how our actual hunting experiences pan out, but we thought we would throw it up for comparison with our next video we have coming soon.