HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunting shows = lame
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
olfatguy
Spike

Come on guys. These shows don't air on PBS. Somebody has to pay the bills, somehow.

There are some things I don't agree with, like 50+ yd. shots, but that's an ethical question you have to answer for yourself. There are other things, like tree stand safety (specifically safety harness or belt use), that wouldn't even be talked about without these shows.

Most of the people, on these shows, paid their dues (world champion callers, world class hunters, innovaters in their chosen field, etc) long before they got their shot at a hunting show. How long would a show last that had "Joe the Plumber" blundering into the woods by a cornfield just to shoot the first doe or spike that happened to pass by?

Think about where we would be if some of the manufacturers that sponser these shows didn't donate quite a bit of money for fighting the Humane Society and PETA type morons that want to who want to take our hunting privileges away.

To end this rant, I'd like to note that most of the people I know , personally, who say "you can't eat horns" either don't have or don't use the skill and patience required to consistantly take large bucks. I don't know any of these guys who wouldn't dust that 150+ buck, given the chance.

If you don't like the hunting shows, most remotes out there have and off and a channel selection button.