HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Airgun Squirrel Hunting- Help
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 AM
huntingkidPA
Typical Buck

Default Airgun Squirrel Hunting- Help

well ive been trying to knock off some squirrels lately with my Rem Vantage 1200. It is a .177 cal. When i had my Crosman G1 xtreme i had no problem at all killing squirrels with crosman wadcutter pellets. Now i have the Vantage and it just doesnt shoot them accurately. I now shoot crosman destroyers. They have no problem at all taking birds and chipmunks, i actually got a few today. But when it comes to squirrels they just dont do it, i have never had a problem losing squirrels like this. Today i shot one from 20 yards, i had aimed for the shoulder. i hit him, he flipped and went up a tree. i then shot him in the neck, the only shot present. He flipped again and ran away. My shots are pretty on, atleast i would think because i hit a chipmunk in the head today at 15 yards. What are some accurate hunting pellets i can try. i really wouldnt like to spend like 10$ for 100, or those 25% more velocity ones (which i imagine are a gimmick and i heard they aren't accurate) so what are some pellet you use for taking squirrels?