HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Free Wash Question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Don Fischer
Fork Horn

In my opinion all the scent blockers and unscented soap and most everything else you think is designed to give you the edge, is really designed to line the pockets of the manufacture.

Scentless soap. How do you know its scentless? Just because you can't smell it? I've listened to amazing tales of how far away deer can scent you. You don't really think that so called scentless soap can't be smelled by deer just because you can't smell it! I believe the biggest edge any products like that give you is the belief you can't be smelled or that your scent is blocked or that you smell like what ever scent stuff you've bought.

Guy's may have been hunting for years before that stuff came out and always got their deer. After they got this or that wonder scent remover or maybe the one that makes you smell like a doe in heat, they still killed their deer. What has changed? A new product hit the market, jobs were created and guys bought this stuff believing they had an edge that I doubt ever existed in the first place.

The only reason man ever even took a bath before hunting is because his wife told him he smelled better and the deer didn't care.